Hoyoung and I were looking through family photo albums comparing Hyunu to pictures of Hoyoung. I always get a buzz out of flicking through those pages of his young life. I spotted an album of mine on the shelf and because I couldn’t remember which part of my youth or childhood it documented took it out to have a flick through. Oh the laughs of an unexpected trip down memory lane…take a look at that fringe and why did I buy that top, it looked hideous – are thoughts that came to mind. But honestly there was not same buzz looking through my book. There was sadness as I looked at a girl who so obviously has struggled with obesity her ENTIRE life. A girl who thought she was hiding behind baggy oversized jeans and tops. A girl who used laughter to hide the oh no another fat photo thought. A girl who didn’t know how big she was nor that she could help herself if only she dared.
A lot of years later that girl still exists. She is sitting at the keyboard wishing she had a set of before and after photos to look at, to celebrate. I am pretty certain there is a healthy girl in this fat suit waiting to meet and greet good health and live a full life. I sure would like to meet her, welcome her and give her the opportunity to live a healthy life.
….I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of. – The Message Bible
I love love love that God wants, and designed, our lives to be better than we can dream… how crazy is that eh! Fat or thin, healthy or not life is to be lived with the knowledge that good things are ours.
My inspirational friend Heather wrote a post way back in 2011 about her living list. What a brilliant idea Lorne! You ought to do something with that idea….
What is on my living list? Putting these down in black and white is a scary thing to be doing but here I go….
- Run 5 kms.
- Correct my poor posture
- Make kombucha
- Pass a test in Korean language
- Climb Slieve Binnian
- Write a children’s book in Korean and English
- Shop in a clothing shop in the normal sized section and not need to reach for the largest size.
- Finish the DIY on our home
- Take dance lessons with my husband
- Say yes to good health every day by making wise food and exercise choices
- A family road trip round NZ in a camper
- To look back at this blog a year from now and celebrate gaining health and losing weight.
- Drink a green smoothie or juice every day for a month.
- Take a night class to learn how to use our DSLR
- Take in a Joyce Meyer conference
I will likely add to this list as times goes by and hopefully will cross things off as they happen. I’d love to know what is on your living list… click on the comment button at the bottom of this post and share them with me :)